Thursday, March 17, 2011

Body Movin'!

It's been 4 weeks since I had surgery and I have been challenged by my roommate to get moving again. I have been putting it off for as long as I have partially due to the nasty cold/bronchitis I got about 2 weeks ago. But the other part of that is fear. I have no idea what my body is going to do.

Several things have changed with my body since surgery. Some obvious and some more subtle and personal. So I don't know if my workouts will change as well. I knew what I was once capable of, but I haven't worked out in probably a month and a half now. I have no idea what I'm able to do anymore.

Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves
The good news is that while I'm a bit nervous about getting moving again, I am excited about it. One of my coworkers has offered to teach me how to really box. I have already bought some hand-wraps and bag gloves. They should be delivered by Saturday or Monday. I'm hoping that it will not only help with my fitness, but my confidence as well. Luckily the building I work in has a gym downstairs, so I don't have to worry about buying or renting any other equipment.

At home I'm going to break out the Dance Central. I realize that it's not a regimented workout, but it's a lot of fun and it will most definitely work me out! We got Dance Central when the XBox Kinect first came out and it was an instant favorite for the house. I haven't played it much since early January, but there are a bunch of new downloadable content songs we've gotten since and I'm excited to try them out.



I think using this to get back into the habit of moving is a great idea. Fun is definitely going to be a factor, considering time is a huge barrier to working out. If I have time to play 30 minutes of Dragon Age: Origins, I have 30 minutes to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment