Saturday, March 19, 2011

Too Far - Too Fast

When I started out on my weight loss journey I weighed approx. 315 pounds and my waistline was expanding past the size 28 jeans I wore. Over the past 3 years I have I have (very) slowly lost about 64 pounds of that weight. I am still obese, but I am far more healthy than I have ever been.

On February 17th, I had surgery to remove my left ovary along with the many many cysts that had grown there. Not 2 weeks into recovery I developed bronchitis that I am still getting over.

I have done 2 days of Dance Central and still can't manage more than about 4 songs on Medium. Tonight one of my roommates and I went on a walk around the complex. About a quarter of a mile into the walk I decided that I wanted to take it up to a sprint.

A little side note to those of you paying attention... surgery? Bronchitis? Then I try to run on my first walk since? And did I mention it was... uphill?

I am not quite to the point that I can do things that I once did. I can't imagine doing P90X right now. I think my lungs would explode.

Friday I received my gloves and hand-wraps, so I'm hoping that I will get started with boxing lessons soon.

And now? Now I am going to go and try to breathe. My lungs are still on fire.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya, babe. I didn't have the surgery but I had the walking pneumonia and I just got back enough energy to watch what I eat; I'm not yet ready to take on any official exercise! But I'm going to start walking tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete