Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nearly There

I have yet to get back into the swing of exercise just yet. Once I started feeling better post-surgery I was slammed with some gnarly cold-thing and am not quite up to 100% just yet.

That being said, I am excited to get moving again. I plan on starting to walk every day. I am still working out the details of when that walk may be, but I want to get it in there. I feel that it is very important to my overall fitness goals.

Once it's obvious that walking is working out just fine, I am going to start to get into my fitness videos again. I think I am going to start back up with the tried and true "TurboJam" with Chalene Johnson. I saw some great results with that and want to ease into vigorous activity easy.

I picked this video of it because it's directly from the workout DVDs. It shows that there is modification for the more difficult moves and it shows the intensity to which I plan on going towards:

Yes, Chalene is perky and blonde and all the cliches that aerobics instructors are held to... but the workouts are amazing, and she is really motivational. It's really worth giving a shot.

I am excited to get back into it. And if I did this at 280 pounds (which is where I was the first time that I tried out the videos) I'm sure that most of you reading this can get into it as well if you are interested in it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series because it has ladies (and gents) of all sizes in there and the modifiers are not the people you think they are. They are Anna Rita (the tall Hawaiian in the back on the pedistal) who has bad knees and the perky blonde (who's name I can't remember for the life of me) in the front!

    ReplyDelete