- 2 pounds dark sweet potatoes (2 cups mashed)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup Splenda granulated sweetener
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. To prepare the sweet potatoes, pierce the sweet potato with a fork and place in microwave. Cook on high for 10 minutes, or until the flesh is soft.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-quart casserole or souffle dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except the pecans, and beat until smooth. Spoon into the casserole dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with nuts.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center slightly puffs.
Per 1/2 cup
Note: This was so so so good! It tasted a lot like pumpkin pie, without the crust. I wish I could've had a second helping. It is seriously one of my favorite things I've made. It may just become a Thanksgiving and Christmas staple. You MUST try it!!