Thursday, February 24, 2011

Post-Surgery Post

On the 17th I had surgery to remove a 9.5cm cyst from my left ovary. Turns out I had more than just the one cyst. There were dozens of smaller cysts behind the monster that they had originally gone in for. I ended up losing my ovary altogether. The upside is that my right ovary is just peachy after they cleared it of endometriosis.

My pathology came back clear and I am on the road to recovery. However, for the last week I haven't been able to cook. Standing up for too long still exhausts me. Tonight was the first night that I really got back into making dinner and I hadn't realized how much I missed it.

A week full of pizza, fried chicken, tacos and take-out Chinese... while fun... has left me wanting more of a variety in my menu. Tonight I laid out our next 2 weeks of dinners as well as the 2 weeks of breakfast muffins. This time it was far easier than ever. I am excited to not only bring back some old favorites, but bring some new recipes as well.

Eating well and balanced is something I've missed. And I am really looking forward to getting back to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment