- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz Broccoli Florets, chopped into small pieces
- 10 oz Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add celery; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook and stir about 3-4 minutes or until rice is opaque. Add diced red peppers; stir to combine. Add broth. Cover; simmer about 12 minutes or until rice is just cooked through.
2. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cover; cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add water, if needed, to prevent burning. Stir well before serving.
Per 1/2 cup:
Note: This tastes a lot like Rice-A-Roni to me. Really super good. And just for the record, this is more vegetable than rice, but still really delicious.