- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tsp chicken boullion (mixed with 1 cup water)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups sliced spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes until golden brown. Stir in carrots, then broth; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice; simmer 5 minutes until carrots are tender. Add chicken; heat through. Add spinach, stirring until it is wilted. Simmer 1 minute.
Makes 2 Servings
Note: This and half a cup of brown rice rounds out a meal. Just under 45g of carbs.