Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why This Blog?

Good question, huh? Why now? What makes this blog different from the Jackson Pollack array of blogs out there on the internet?

The truth is: Probably nothing. There is probably some other woman out there just like me typing the same things I am. But you didn't find her first... you found me!

So, the real answer to the question: Because I haven't found that other woman yet either. I am an obese 30 year old wife and mother. I am currently 266 pounds and 5'9". At my heaviest I was 315 pounds and that was just over 3 years ago. In the past 3 years I have done 3 different workout programs... never getting past 6 weeks on any one of them. However, they have helped me to move from a size 28 to a size 18. Now my roommate and I are starting on P90X and I am determined to finish all 90 days.

Don't know what P90X is, you say? Check this out:


Yea. Let's just say I look NOTHING like any of those people doing it. I sweat more. Grunt more. Take more breaks. Make a lot more noise. And puke a lot more. You read that right... puke.

And that brings me to why this blog is different (hopefully) than other fitness blogs. I'm not here to tell you what to do. I'm not here to tell you that what I am doing will work for you. It might. But then again, it might not. What I am here to do is to let you know that you are not alone in this. I am out here every single day. Getting up, putting on my workout clothes, pushing play, and making a bloody fool of myself.

On this blog I plan to document what happens when you're going from fat-to-fit. There are so many things my body has done that I was either embarrassed or concerned about that, it turns out, are completely normal for someone of my size. Some things will be uncomfortable to talk about. Some things will be downright disgusting. But they are things that if I had known were normal, I wouldn't have worried so much over.

If any of this interests you, stick around. I plan on opening this place up to not only document my journey, but hopefully help someone else out there that may just be starting. Or just needs that pat on the back saying, "Everything is okay. You can do this!"

2 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU TIFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete