- 1 cup fresh chopped celery
- 1 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 56 oz low fat unsalted chicken broth (4 cans broth)
- 2 cup Bisquick
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 24 oz chicken meat (bought a rotisserie chicken and stripped the meat from it)
1. Mix together the celery, onion, carrot, salt, pepper, and broth in a pot. Bring to a boil then decrease the heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Mix together Bisquick and parsley. Stir in the milk.
3. Bring the broth back to a boil. Put spoonfuls of dough into the boiling liquid. Decrease heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
Per 1 Cup:
Note: The dumplings cooked down to nothing at all, but it still tasted really yummy.