- 1 1/2 cup white all purpose flour divided
- 4 oz medium apples, peeled and chopped (Granny Smith or Gala)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with papers or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour and the apple in a small bowl, tossing to coat; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; make a well in the center of the mixture.
4. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil, and egg whites; stir well. Add the milk mixture, apple mixture, and pecans to the flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistening. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling two-thirds full.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan.